DFPI recently formed a Crypto Unit under the direction of the DFPI’s Commissioner. The Crypto Unit contributes to DFPI’s supervision, examination, enforcement, and general oversight work relating to crypto assets under all laws that DFPI administers, from banking and lending to securities and commodities. In particular, the Crypto Unit contributes to DFPI’s oversight of crypto asset activity under the California Consumer Financial Protection Law.
The Crypto Unit welcomes meetings with interested stakeholders. Please contact us to arrange a discussion.
How to reach us:
Department of Financial Protection and Innovation
2101 Arena Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95834
Meet the Team
Deputy Commissioner, Investor Protection
Senior Financial Institutions Examiner
Financial Institutions Manager
- 11/21/2023 - Trending Crypto Consumer Complaints
- 11/20/2023 - DFPI Releases First Invitation for Comment for the Digital Financial Assets Law
- 11/16/2023 - DFPI Joins Multiple States, Provinces In Taking Action Against GSPartners for Fraudulent Crypto Investment Scheme
- 10/13/2023 - Governor Newsom Signs AB 39 to Establish Digital Assets Finance Law
- 09/21/2023 - Crypto Scam Entity “Bitscyber” Impersonating CA DFPI and Using Fraudulent “Ownership Certificate Of Funds” Document to Steal Money