- Check Before You Invest Form (PDF)
- Credit Counseling Organizations (PDF)
- Informed Investing – A Reference Guide for California Investors (PDF)
- Investigate Before You Invest
- What You need to Know About Payday Loans – English (PDF) | Español (PDF)
- Reduce Your Debt (PDF)
- Financial Tips for Women ( PDF)
Check Out Your Broker!
- For information regarding broker-dealers, broker-dealer agents and investment advisers call the Department’s Consumer Services Office at (866) 275-2677.
- Check the background of your broker or investment professional by using Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) BrokerCheck. FINRA is also a resource for Investor Alerts and investor education and tools
- Check out your commodity broker . A free service from the National Futures Association’sBackground Affiliation Status Information Center (BASIC). Whether you are an investor thinking about opening a futures account or an NFA Member contemplating a new business relationship, BASIC can be a valuable resource for you. BASIC contains Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) registration and NFA membership information and futures-related regulatory and non-regulatory actions contributed by NFA, the CFTC and the U.S. futures exchanges.
Check Out Your Financial Services Professional
Information regarding state registered investment advisers, SEC registered investment advisers