Consumer Financial Education and Resources
Wherever you are on your financial journey, it’s a great idea to educate yourself so that you can make informed financial decisions. We have put together information and resources on some of the most important money topics, so whether you’re preparing to reach a big financial goal, or you want to learn about a subject you’re not familiar with, the answers to your questions are right around the corner. We’ll updating these resources periodically, so if there are other topics you would like to see, please email us at email@example.com.
Homeowner Financial Education Resources
- Mortgage Loans
- Understanding Your Mortgage Loan
- Mortgage and Rental Assistance
- Savings – Emergency Fund
- Payday Loans
- Auto Loans
- Title Loans
- Personal Loans
- Common Fraud and Scams
- Helpful Tips to Avoid Being Scammed
- Reporting Fraud and Scams
- Credit Scores & Reports
- Establishing Credit
- Credit Cards
Military Service Members and Veterans Financial Education Resources
New American Financial Education Resources
- California Courts: Immigration Resource Directory
- Found under California Courts, the Immigration Resource Directory offers links and assistance to help serve all people, regardless of what language they speak or where they are born.
- Immigration Legal Help
- California Department of Social Services: Immigration Services
- The California Department of Social Services funds programs at community based organizations that help immigrants who live in California. The programs offer many types of free legal services, as well as information about other services that support immigrants such as outreach, community education, and other immigration remedies.
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- CalFresh – known federally as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, provides monthly food benefits to individuals and families with low-income and provides economic benefits to communities.
- Immigration Advocates Network
- The Immigration Advocates Network’s (IAN) Nonprofit Resource Center connects the advocate community to trainings and materials from national experts. IAN is dedicated to increasing access to justice for low-income immigrants and strengthening the capacity of organizations serving them.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: A guide for new immigrants
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: Multilingual resource center