Responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative and program support services
Business Operations and Services
The Business Operations and Services Section administers a variety of business and support functions including:
- Contracting Services
- Procurement and Records Management
- Building Maintenance
- Property Control
- Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise – Procurement and Contracts (purchasing)
Fiscal Services (Budgets, Accounting)
Staff in this office provide the department with support in the following areas:
- The Budget Unit serves as a central coordination point to ensure that control agency and administrative requirements are met so that program goals will not be compromised due to a lack of resources.
- The Accounting Unit staff process and record the financial transactions of the department by fund in conformity with generally accepted principles of accounting. This unit also provides the executive and management staff, the Legislature, and the public with general information concerning the department’s financial operations through annual financial statements and other reports.
The management and staff of this office provide support to the department in a variety of personnel related areas including:
- Classification and Pay
- Labor Relations
- Health and Safety
- Personnel Transactions
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 576-4960
The technology staff and management team maintain the department’s technology infrastructure:
- The Application Development Unit which is responsible for the development of database and web-enabled applications.
- The Network Support Unit with duties that include activities related to the desktop user, desktop hardware and software support; network administration; software administration; and IT equipment procurement and inventory.
Key Consumer Links