Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise – Procurement/Contracts
The Department of Financial Protection and Innovation is always seeking Certified Small Businesses and Disabled Veteran businesses to provide us with goods and services.
Executive Orders D-37-01 and D-43-01 require all State departments to aggressively pursue the attainment of Small Business (SB) and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) procurement/contracting participation goals. Executive Order D-37-01 requires departments to reach and maintain a minimum participation goal of 25 percent for SB, and Executive Order D-43-01 requires a minimum participation goal of 3 percent for DVBE. CalRecycle fully supports the Small Business and DVBE participation programs and is committed to assisting California certified small businesses or DVBEs in the expansion, growth, and development of the small business and DVBE business community.
More than 2 million small businesses in the State of California employ more than 50 percent of the current workforce and generate over 90 percent of the state’s gross domestic product. We believe that small business makes great partners and we look forward to doing business with you!
Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Advocate
The Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Advocate is responsible for promoting small business and disabled veteran business enterprise contracting within the Department and to assist small businesses in the contract and procurement process.
How to contact the Small Business Advocate and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) Advocate for procurement or Contract questions:
2101 Arena Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95834
Our partners in the delivery of Small Business/DVBE Programs within California State Government
California Department of General Services
- Selling to the State – Learn how your business can sell to the State. Find out what the State buys and discover the most effective way to sell to the State.
- State Contracts – Connect to the California State Contracts Register.
- Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services Program – Find out about the Program. Read articles and browse legislation of interest to small business owners.
- Small Business Certification – Learn how to certify your small business.
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) Certification – Learn how to certify your disabled veteran business enterprise.
- Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) Advocates – Connect to Advocates in other state departments.
If you are a small business or disabled veteran-owned business and would like to become certified with the State of California and do business with us, visit the Department of General Services (DGS) Apply for or Re-Apply for Certification as a Small Business and/or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise page. For certification assistance, contact the DGS Office of Small Business and DVBE Services at (916) 375-4940 or OSDSHelp@dgs.ca.gov.