Social Media Toolkit
A Message to Our Community Partners
Because of your commitment to help us spread the word, more people will know that the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation is poised to better protect consumers from pandemic-inspired scams, regulate emerging financial products, and oversee previously unregulated industries such as debt collectors, rent–to–own contractors, private student loan servicers, credit repair and consumer credit reporting agencies, and debt relief agencies.
Our consumer services center is ready to receive complaints against persons who offer financial products and services using unlawful, unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices. For the first time in our history, we’ll be better able to protect student borrowers attending private schools and consumers who have used credit repair agencies but were duped by illegal practices and hidden fees. Most importantly, your support will help us amplify messaging that lets California consumers know that they can turn to us if they’ve been defrauded or scammed.
- California consumers deserve protection. If you think you’ve been a victim of financial fraud or a scam, call the @CaliforniaDFPI today at (866) 275-2677.
- The @CaliforniaDFPI protects California consumers from fraud so you can focus on the things you care about. Learn more about how they can protect you by visiting www.dfpi.ca.gov/.
- Financial scams can happen to anybody. With translation services in dozens of languages, the @CaliforniaDFPI is here to help all Californians.
- Whether it’s protecting student borrowers or helping consumers fight back against scams, the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation is ready to help you.
- The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation regulates financial products and services so you can trust the decisions you make as a consumer. To learn more about their work, visit www.dfpi.ca.gov/
Social Media Posts (download the graphics below)
- Post time: Monday, Jan. 4, 2021
- Post Time: Monday, Jan. 5, 2021
- Post Time: Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021
- Post Time: Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021
- Post Time: Friday, Jan. 8, 2021
News & Info Links
Approved by KLee 12/2020