Social Media Toolkit
A Message to Our Community Partners
Because of your commitment to help us spread the word, more people will know that the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation is poised to better protect consumers from pandemic-inspired scams, regulate emerging financial products, and oversee previously unregulated industries such as debt collectors, rent-to-own contractors, private student loan servicers, credit repair and consumer credit reporting agencies, and debt relief agencies.
Our consumer services center is ready to receive complaints against persons who offer financial products and services using unlawful, unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices. For the first time in our history, we’ll be better able to protect student borrowers attending private schools and consumers who have used credit repair agencies but were duped by illegal practices and hidden fees. Most importantly, your support will help us amplify messaging that lets California consumers know that they can turn to us if they’ve been defrauded or scammed.
- California consumers deserve protection. If you think you’ve been a victim of financial fraud or a scam, call the @CaliforniaDFPI today at (866) 275-2677.
- The @CaliforniaDFPI protects California consumers from fraud so you can focus on the things you care about. Learn more about how they can protect you by visiting www.dfpi.ca.gov.
- Financial scams can happen to anybody. With translation services in dozens of languages, the @CaliforniaDFPI is here to help all Californians.
- Whether it’s protecting student borrowers or helping consumers fight back against scams, the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation is ready to help you.
- The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation regulates financial products and services so you can trust the decisions you make as a consumer. To learn more about their work, visit www.dfpi.ca.gov.
NEW Education Graphics: Debt relief companies and debit collectors (download the graphics below)
DFPI Informational Onepage:
Social Media Posts (download the graphics below)
- California consumers deserve protection. That’s why our friends at the @CaliforniaDFPI review all claims of unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices by financial service providers. To file a complaint online, visit https://dfpi.ca.gov/file-a-complaint. #ConsumerProtection #CaliforniaDFPI #DFPI
- Did you know @CaliforniaDFPI examiners inspect thousands of financial businesses every year to keep consumers safe? Learn more today at https://dfpi.ca.gov/about-our-work. #ConsumerProtection #CaliforniaDFPI #DFPI
- Our friends at the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation #DFPI mean business when it comes to protecting consumers. You can file a complaint online at https://dfpi.ca.gov/file-a-complaint. #ConsumerProtection #CaliforniaDFPI #DFPI @CaliforniaDFPI
- From banks and credit unions to private colleges funding, our friends at the @CaliforniaDFPI oversee dozens of industries to keep consumers safe. To learn more about their work: https://dfpi.ca.gov/about-our-work. #ConsumerProtection #CaliforniaDFPI #DFPI
- Did you know the @CaliforniaDFPI can better protect consumers thanks to a new law taking effect this year? Our friends now have oversight over debt collectors, debt relief agencies, private student loan servicers & more. #ConsumerProtection #CaliforniaDFPI #DFPI
News & Info Links
Approved by KLee 12/2020