Have a comment or complaint about the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation?
Let us know what you think about the DFPI. In compliance with the Citizen Complaint Act of 1997, a “Citizen Complaint” form has been developed and provided to so you may register a complaint or provide comments relating to the performance of the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation to our Office of the Ombuds.
This form is not to be used for complaints against financial institutions, services, companies and professionals regulated by the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation. Consumer complaints about Department licensees can be submitted online through Consumer Services.
If you would like to register a complaint or comment about the department, you will need fill out, print the Citizen Complaint Form (DFPI Form-803 PDF) and send the completed form to:
or mail to:
Department of Financial Protection and Innovation
Office of the Ombuds
2101 Arena Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95834
Once the comment or complaint is received, it will be reviewed and you may be contacted for further information.
- Consumer Services (The DFPI can receive complaints or inquiries in your preferred language, by offering translation services in more than 240 languages)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- DFPI Office of the Ombuds – an independent, impartial, and confidential resource to ensure complaints about DFPI staff or actions receive full and impartial review.
- Public Records Act Requests
- Human Resources/Personnel Office
- Education and Outreach Email: Outreach@dfpi.ca.gov.
- DFPI Licensing for banks, credit unions, money transmitters and other financial institutions inquiries: Phone: (415) 263-8559 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DFPI Licensing for mortgage loan originators, California finance lenders, escrow and other financial services inquiries: Toll-free (866) 275-2677
- DFPI Licensing for companies and branches licensed under CRMLA: Phone: (916) 576-8543
- DFPI Programs and Licensees
- Connect with the DFPI via Email (subscription service)
- Media/Press Inquiries: Email to Mark Leyes
- Webmaster – For answers to technical questions related to this website, please email the Webmaster.
- Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise – Procurement and Contracts (purchasing)
California Public Records Act Request
To file a California Public Records Act (PRA) Request Electronically, please visit the DFPI’s Self Service Portal.
To submit a PRA request through mail, see a sample letter of a request for records under the California Public Records Act, or to see the PRA frequently asked questions (FAQ), please refer to our PRA guidelines:
Subscribe to us!
Receive email updates and bulletins from the DFPI!
Licensee Designated Email Registration & Updates
Institutions licensed by the DFPI are required to provide and maintain an email account that is designated for communications with the DFPI, per the Commissioner’s Order issued November 22, 2013 (PDF). The purpose of the Order is to create rapid, direct communication to an email account that your company will monitor daily.
To register or update the designated email for your business, please access DFPI’s DOCQNET self-service portal.
If you are a DFPI licensed business and have questions about registering or changing a designated email, please contact:
- Banks, Credit Unions, Money Transmitters: email@example.com
- Broker-Dealers & Investment Advisers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Lenders, Payday Lenders, Escrow Companies: FS.DEInquiries@dfpi.ca.gov
- Mortgage lenders: ML.DEInquiries@dfpi.ca.gov
- Securities filers: email@example.com
Report a problem with our website
This form is ONLY for reporting a problem with the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation website.
We apologize for any issues you may be experiencing on our website. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can improve your online experience. Thank you!
Key Consumer Links
300 S. Spring Street, Suite 15513
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1259
320 West 4th Street, Suite 750
Los Angeles, CA 90013-2344