Have a comment or complaint about the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation?
Let us know what you think about the DFPI. In compliance with the Citizen Complaint Act of 1997, a “Citizen Complaint” form has been developed and provided to so you may register a complaint or provide comments relating to the performance of the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation.
This form is not to be used for complaints against financial institutions, services, companies and professionals regulated by the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation. Consumer complaints about Department licensees can be submitted online through Consumer Services or by calling 1-866-275-2677.
If you like to register a complaint or comment about the department, you will need fill out, print the Citizen Complaint Form (PDF) and send the completed form to:
or mail to:
Department of Financial Protection and Innovation
2101 Arena Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95834
Once the comment or complaint is received, it will be reviewed and you may be contacted for further information.
- Consumer Services – For general DFPI inquiries: Toll-free: (866) 275-2677 or (916) 327-7585 Email: Ask.DFPI@dfpi.ca.gov
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Complaints – If you have a complaint, please choose a method to submit your information on File a Complaint page, Email: Ask.DFPI@dfpi.ca.gov.
- Public Records Act Requests
- Education and Outreach Email: Outreach@dfpi.ca.gov.
- DFPI Licensing for banks, credit unions, money transmitters and other financial institutions inquiries: Phone:(415) 263-8552 Email: email@example.com
- DFPI Licensing for mortgage loan originators, California finance lenders, escrow and other financial services inquiries: Toll-free (866)275-2677
- DFPI Programs and Licensees
- Human Resources/Personnel Office: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (916) 445-6351 Email:
- Connect with the DFPI via Email (subscription service)
- Media/Press Inquiries: Email to Mark Leyes
- Webmaster – For answers to technical questions related to this website, please email the Webmaster.
- Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise
California Public Records Act Request
To file a California Public Records Act (PRA) Request Electronically, please visit the DFPI’s Self Service Portal (DOCQNET).
To submit a PRA request through mail, see a sample letter of a request for records under the California Public Records Act, or to see the PRA frequently asked questions (FAQ), please refer to our PRA guidelines:
The Department of Financial Protection and Innovation (DFPI) offers a free email subscription service through our contractor, GovDelivery. This service allows you to sign up for email updates about topics relevant to your interests. To receive DFPI’s GovDelivery email updates, click on the Subscription Manager link below and provide the email address where you want the notifications to be sent and select the notifications you want to receive. If you are already receiving email notifications you can use the Subscription Manager to change your email address, modify your password, add or delete subscriptions, or remove your email address from this service.
When you sign up for this subscription service, you will be asked to provide your email address and the updates you would like to receive. GovDelivery will use the information you provide to deliver the notifications you have requested and to allow you to update your subscription preferences. The DFPI and GovDelivery will not share your personal information with third parties for promotional purposes.
Licensee Designated Email Registration & Updates
Institutions licensed by the DFPI are required to provide and maintain an email account that is designated for communications with the DFPI, per the Commissioner’s Order issued November 22, 2013 (PDF). The purpose of the Order is to create rapid, direct communication to an email account that your company will monitor daily.
To register or update the designated email for your business, please access DFPI’s DOCQNET self-service portal.
If you are a DFPI licensed business and have questions about registering or changing a designated email, please contact:
Report a problem with our website
This form is ONLY for reporting a problem with the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation website.
If you are not seeing our website correctly in your Internet Explorer browser, please turn off “compatibility view”.
We apologize for any issues you may be experiencing on our website. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can improve your online experience. Thank you!
Key Consumer Links
300 S. Spring Street, Suite 15513
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1259
320 West 4th Street, Suite 750
Los Angeles, CA 90013-2344